Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Three Down, Fiction For July

Reread: Something Rotten, Jasper Fforde
Watched: Cook Like A Chef - Georges Laurier - Vegetarian Mains
Exams: 3/4

Three exams down (the in-class ones). Only the Civ Pro take-home--the veritable grudge match--remains. Then I attempt to write on to law review (emphasis on attempt), and then--and only then--does summer truly begin.

Oh, I really should get off my duff and find and secure a pro-bono op pronto, but I'm waiting till after the last exam.

*

Earlier last week I realized that both Jasper Fforde's First Among Sequels (I actually preferred War of the Words as a title myself, though I'm sure the new one more closely reflects the plot) and J K Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows are both due within a week of each other in the U.S.: the 21st for Potter and the 24th for Sequels. I'm tempted to do the same thing I did for Something Rotten--bypass the U.S. lead time and grab the UK version (available July 5th!), but only wish that Rowling's seventh was due out earlier in her home country too (that would make the shipping go down smoother).

And, to give myself some motivation, I've decided to deadline my 1st round of substantive revisions to the novel to July 1st. I'm thinking a total of three substantive rewrites, and at least as many general run-throughs before I knock on my first-readers' doors for a once-over. (Those I've asked in advance--お楽しみに。。。かも。)

~TJN

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo! I had actually logged onto xanga a while back, thereby finding this page, but as you well know I've been forgetting to leave a footprint until now. If memory serves correctly, I think the last time we had any substantial exchange was shortly before I went up to Tokyo, yes? A lot has transpired since then (even though I've been pretty lame as far as updating Wordpress and Fotki goes), in the travel logs as well as in the mental/emotional realms, so we should get to catching up. Of course, it's also starting to get hot in Japan as of this week, and when that happens, the brain shuts down.

Kris said...

よ!
(Found your page on Chris's!)

Regarding the Rowling, Fforde releases, I'll be trying my best to find them here. We'll be in Yokohama on Potter Day, but I WILL FIND THAT BOOK!

Happy readings to you, sir, and let me know what you think of Book 7!