Sunday, September 13, 2009

Slow Going, Check's In the Mail

Reading: China Mieville, Perdido Street Station
Rereading: J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Writing: Book One, Chapter 3, v.30.0

Nothing much new to report this week. It's been a little slow going on Chapter 3, as the flashback scene is taking some time to bend in the direct I need it to go. (The problem is a common one for me when it comes to writing scenes with a specific end goal in mind--getting from A to B sometimes takes a few twists, turns, and false starts.) Odds are I'll have to trim down the scene before the end, but first I'll have to finish it.

In other news, I received word that the ASCAP check has reached the dean, which means I should expect a payout soon. It's technically the first money I've made off of my writing, so I'll be sure to keep the stub (and probably scan in the check before cashing).

No comments: